Forum:Terminal entries, notes and other source texts
Could the articles of game locations containing terminal entries, holodisks, notes or similar things have a link added to the articles which have the content of said entries? And perhaps on the articles of the character who wrote them as well?
I'm asking because many of the locations and character articles make references to those source texts without linking to them. Examples: The Citadel article has no link what so ever leading to the Citadel terminal entries article nor does Doctor Henry's link to Jacobstown terminal entries even though he's the sole author.
Is there a guideline against those links? Is there a guideline about how they should be added to the articles? Dr. Lobotomy 23:19, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I was wondering this about Project:Raw game data/FNV notes. There are a lot of notes which are missing links. Can I add links to the terminal pages? Or do new articles need to be created for each entry?-LawdyMissMaudy 12:13, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Possibly the page for Mothership Zeta's Alien Captive recorded logs or the FO3 Germantown logs are good templates for what you're talking about Miss Maudy. (For notes and transcripts that have a location, writer or something else in common that is.) I agree there should be links in notes and I've been adding them when I see the opportunity myself. (So I really hope there isn't some kind of rule against doing so that I've missed somehow.) I think importing raw data must be rather tedious and the people doing it (for which I am grateful btw) are just working on getting the data into the wiki rather then stopping to sift through each individual entry looking for links to add. --- TandyBomb 14:57, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks, Tandy -- I used the page Vault 3 terminal entries as a template for creating a page for Vault 21 terminal entries. Now to figure out Dr. Lobotomy's question -- if there's a reference to them (eg, there is a note on the terminal explaining blah), the link can go on the reference, but if there isn't a direct reference, maybe a link in the notes section? That's what I'm going to do. -LawdyMissMaudy 21:53, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I asked GhostAvatar about this on his talk page and this was his response:
- Preferable, it would be best to link to them in the page content, especially if there is a section that directly mentions them or there contents. This would be best done as a referance (see laser pistol as an example, referancing the Citadel terminal entries). If that is not possible, then simple add them as a see also section, as per layout guidelines. 19:15, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
- -LawdyMissMaudy 20:38, August 8, 2011 (UTC)