Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Image needed (Local map, interior, interior map)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
Gibson's shack is an unmarked location in the Mojave Wasteland, and is just west of the Gibson scrap yard, past the power lines.
Background[edit | edit source]
Layout[edit | edit source]
A small, destitute shack with a campfire and several empty whiskey bottles surrounding a skeleton on a bed. There are also a few chems scattered around, and a finger impaled on a machete has been driven into the wall next to the skeleton.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Unique finger near skeleton
- Med-X x7, two on the bottom of the wood shelf, three on top (one is under a book), and two on the metal shelf
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gibson's shack appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Veronica when you speak to her. It does not give you an option to exit the dialogue. You will be forced to quit and load the most recent save. This bug was found in a game in which Helios One had already been activated, the notes for the vegetation technology had already been found, and the pulse gun had already been discovered. It's possible that, after downloading the notes, you will get into an infinite loop of dialogue with
- Brotherhood Paladins outside the door of the Hidden Valley Bunker, Veronica freezes and will not follow you, after the completion of I Could Make You Care. She will talk to you and listen to commands, but will not follow. The only fix after this happens is to visit Gibson's Shack, go to the terminal, and download the notes. Veronica will then reappear inside of the shack, where you can open dialogue manually with Veronica, and this is where the infinite dialogue loop bug will happen. Unfortunately it's not much of a fix for many people, because if you get to the infinite dialogue, then you can't continue. In addition, if you leave the shack, then she will stay where she is and won't follow you, and there will be no option to even get into the dialogue. You'll have to go back to before the part of I Could Make You Care where she speaks to the elder after you retrieved the notes, and tell her you want her to leave (don't give her the option to stay, and don't allow her to choose for herself), after her speech about wanting to stay or leave because the elder would not listen about the vegetation notes. After fighting a few troublesome
- It's possible that entering the shack will cause the game to lock up and the player will have to load their last save.
- The Courier: "Father Elijah?"
Veronica Santangelo: "Our Elder before McNamara. He had a nose for recovering lost technology. He'd send Scribes out into the desert chasing whatever leads he found. There were a few he only trusted me with. I can think of at least one that'd prove my point, if it still exists. There's a comm terminal not too far from here I'd use to access messages from him. If we go there I can pull up his research on it."
(Veronica Santangelo's dialogue)