The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Simms in Fallout Shelter
Name's Lucas Simms, town sheriff. And mayor too when the need arises.”— Lucas Simms, Fallout 3
Simms was born in 2236. He grew up in Megaton and won his position by a unanimous vote of the town's citizens. He serves as mayor, sheriff, judge and just about any other position that's needed, his membership in the Regulators helping a great deal. It's also no secret around Megaton that Lucas Simms is fulfilling some weird childhood cowboy fantasy. He named his son Harden after the Old West outlaw John Wesley Harden. His position as Megaton's Mayor, is contested by Colin Moriarty, who considers himself to be the true power in Megaton.
In 2277, Sheriff Simms foiled an ill-conceived raid on Megaton by a band of raiders headquartered at Springvale Elementary School. During the conflict, Simms shot and killed the raiders' leader, Boppo.
In the years following Lyons' Brotherhood's victory over the Enclave and recapture of Project Purity, Megaton prospered immensely. Following the death of Sheriff Lucas Simms, his son Harden took on the role.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
- The Power of the Atom: The player can offer to disarm the bomb. Reporting Mister Burke to him will trigger a confrontation in Moriarty's saloon, where unless the player intervenes, Burke will shoot and kill the sheriff. If that's the case, his son, Harden Simms will give the player the reward for the quest (if the bomb is disarmed) and move in with Manya Vargas.
- Telling him that the player plans to detonate the bomb will turn Megaton hostile.
|Chinese assault rifle|
|Housekey - Lucas Simms|
Drops on death
- "These are my people. This is my town. You so much as breathe wrong and I'm gonna fuckin' end ya."
- "I haven't killed a drifter in weeks!"
- "Were you just kidding 'bout disarming that thing?"
- "Glad to see you're staying out of trouble. Wouldn't want to waste good bullets on your sorry hide."
- "I breathe a lot easier knowing that thing is truly dead."
Behind the scenes
- The player can insult him by saying "nice hat, Calamity Jane," a reference to the cowgirl Calamity Jane.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.82: "Lucas Simms
He grew up in Megaton and understands better than anyone what it takes to survive and thrive in the Wasteland. Big and imposing yet warm and friendly, Lucas won his position by a unanimous vote of the people of Megaton (most of whom genuinely love him). He serves as mayor, sheriff, judge and just about any other position that's needed. It's also no secret around Megaton that Lucas Simms is fulfilling some weird childhood cowboy fantasy. He named his son Harden after the Old West outlaw John Wesley Harden. Simms is also a member of a secret society known only as "the Regulators.""
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- The Lone Wanderer: "Pffft. Nice hat, Calamity Jane."
Lucas Simms: "So that's the way it's gonna be, huh? That's fine. That's fine... Just so long as we understand each other. This here is my town. These are my people. You so much as breathe wrong, and I'm gonna fuckin' end ya."
(Lucas Simms' dialogue)