Background[edit | edit source]
Once a weekend getaway for the people of Massachusetts, this light coastal campground was practically abandoned when Quincy quarries was reactivated. Lying just to the east of the Park its patrons were driven off by the noise. Unbeknownst to the populace, the mining was a cover for the construction of Vault 88.
Its last occupant was Charles Deter Jr. whom had fond memories of the grounds as a child. Searching for a quiet place to escape his marital troubles and the distractions of city life to write his book "The Trouble Before the Storm". To his chagrin he simply couldn't escape the noise, the crew would work from the early hours of the day into the late hours of night. Unable to sleep, let alone write his book, he spent his time shooting cans off a fence and crabs on the shore.
On the fifth day (October 23, 2077) at the Park he finally snapped, grabbed his rifle and headed to the Quarry, intent on killing to workers. His skeleton lies under the superhighway, next to his rifle and final journal entry, apparently dying from the radiation of the Great War. Two hundred years later the Park would become a nesting ground for the Mirelurk, while the Quarry would become home to Slough's raider gang.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The camp consists of two small cabins with a cooking station in between them. The southern cabin contains several mirelurk egg clutches, while the northern cabin has an Advanced-locked door and contains a steamer trunk and a personal terminal.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Neponset Park appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.385: "[6.22] NEPONSET PARK
Once a weekend getaway for the Dieter family, this small coast park is now infested with Mirelurks. Inspect the barnacle-clad trailer and two cabins; one is locked (Advanced) but has a steamer trunk and notes from the family on a terminal."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Park sign in
- Neponset Park terminals; Personal Terminal, Oct. 19, 2077
- Neponset Park terminals; Personal Terminal, "The Silence Before the Storm"
- Neponset Park terminals; Personal Terminal, Acknowledgement
- Neponset Park terminals; Personal Terminal, Chapter 1
- Neponset Park terminals; Personal Terminal, Oct. 20, 2077
- Neponset Park terminals; Personal Terminal, Oct. 21, 2077
- Neponset Park terminals; Personal Terminal, Oct. 22, 2077
- Last entry
- Charles Deter Jr.'s skeleton scene.