Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Sal's Grinders is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Sal's Grinders was a sandwich shop in the town of Beckley, owned and operated by Sal, and for a time, his partner, Grace. The shop is believed to have opened at the start of 2075, at which it had a monopoly over sandwich shops in the town after an impressive first month.
The shop specialized in cranberry sandwiches that was based on an "old secret family recipe", of which they were trucked in from an undisclosed location in Cranberry Bog. After an undefined period of time, Charlie, a grade school rival of the owner, Sal, opened a sandwich shop across the street called "Big Papa Moe's Lip Smackin' Sandwich Shack", that conveniently also specialized in cranberry sandwiches. As time passed, Sal began to lose large amounts of money due to loss of Customers, as Papa Moe's had metaphorically-hooked the people of Beckley into buying his sandwiches. In time, Grace left Sal's Grinders after Sal continually failed to be able to pay her wages and was hired at Papa Moe's. Sal was determined to figure out why Papa Moe's sandwiches were such a hit and deconstructed the ingredients to determine the root cause of the craze. Eventually, Sal followed the Papa Moe's delivery truck and discovered that the source of the cranberries was from a radiated quarry in Cranberry Bog, proving that Papa Moe's was secretly poisoning his Customers and the people of Beckley with irradiated cranberries. Determined to get revenge, he vowed to "let him (Charlie) have it." After unrest reached its peak in Beckley, the shop was abandoned, allowing Big Bad Wolf to takeover the shop and relay information back to his employers.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Sal's Grinders is a marked location in Beckley, a two-floor shop with the dining area, toilet, and kitchen on the bottom floor, and Sal's personal apartment upstairs. The apartment includes a bobblehead spawn point, a locked safe, and a steamer trunk in the eastern room.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Top of the World Ad Packet: Located on a desk on the second floor of the building, next to Sal's Personal Terminal.
- Wolf's Message to Bo-Peep: On the seats, right side inside the grinders.
- Blacksheep Dossier: On the cigarette machine in the corridor leading to the rear exit.
- Potential bobbleheads
- On the desk by Sal's personal terminal, in the large upstairs bedroom with the trunk (interior).
- On the roof of the (inaccessible) gun shop attached to Sal's Grinders, with other junk and detritus, near the hole from inside the Sal's Grinders upstairs building (exterior).
- Potential magazines
- On the metal shelf, right of the sink in the south corner of the men's restroom, across from the kitchen on the ground floor (interior).
- Dynamic spawns
- Headwear: Red bandana, trilby hat, newsboy cap, green rag hat, battered fedora, sunglasses, bottlecap sunglasses, combat armor helmet, cop cap, faded visor, black-rim glasses, baseball cap, patrolman sunglasses, blue bandana, green bandana, striped bandana.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sal's Grinders appears in Fallout 76.
- Sal's Grinders terminals#First Month
- Sal's Grinders terminals#What a Joke
- Sal's Grinders terminals#What is Happening!?
- Sal's Grinders terminals#One More Try
- Sal's Grinders terminals#Nuclear
- Sal's Grinders terminals#Check-in #61
- Sal's Grinders terminals#Check-in #62
- Sal's Grinders terminals#(!!!) Check-in #63