Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Image needed (skeleton & teddy bear scenes)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
Background[edit | edit source]
This site is the first integrated ironworks in North America, founded by John Winthrop the Younger and in operation between 1646 and approximately 1670. Once a historic national site, this pre–Revolutionary War ironworks was reopened during the ramp-up to provide materials for the war with China. The site is now run by Slag, a particularly ferocious raider and his raider clan, the Forged.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Saugus Ironworks[edit | edit source]
Buckets of molten slag dot the building and iron rebar is scattered throughout. At the end of the first room is a staircase leading to a hall of management offices, or continues up into the rafters of the building. A wooden bridge in the rafter connects the first room to the second.
A staircase in the second room leads back down to the catwalks. Directly behind the stairs in the eastern most room on the second floor is a a weapons workbench and an armor workbench. A staircase in the southwest of this room leads up the entrance of the blast furnace.
A power armor station and door to the roof are just opposite the blast furnace door.
Saugus Blast Furnace[edit | edit source]
The blast furnace is a four story room with catwalks circling around a central bucket of molten iron.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Shishkebab is used by Slag in the blast furnace.
- The Explosives Bobblehead: Found in the blast furnace area, to the left of the steamer chest.
- Essential Upgrades edition of Picket Fences: Found in the blast furnace area as well, below the steamer chest.
- Jake's holotape, on Jake Finch in the blast furnace.
- A Nuka Cherry on the southwest corner of the second room, beneath a broken stairwell. Two ironworks employees (now skeletons) were having lunch in this spot.
- An overdue book is in the hand of a skeleton in a molten metal bucket.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Saugus Ironworks appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.283-284: "[2.19] SAUGUS IRONWORKS
Once a historic pre–Revolutionary War ironworks, this location was reopened during the ramp-up to provide materials for the war with China. The location is now run by Slag, a particularly ferocious Raider and his clan, the Forged."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)