Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
West Everett Estates
West Everett Estates
Background[edit | edit source]
This suburb of Malden was under construction when the bombs fell, built to be a picturesque suburban community similar to Sanctuary Hills. Already partially completed, the development was occupied for at least a year. On October 23, 2077 the radiation from the nuclear detonations would kill all but one of the construction workers where they were.
This wasn't the end for its occupants, however. Some of the original residents would survive into the next year. They would be Ron Cobb, the Ames family (Leon, Lance, Janet and their children) and the Tournquist family, Wayne, Michael, and David, but not mother Bonnie.
The survivors[edit | edit source]
Cobb was a member of the construction crew when the radiation blanketed the vicinity. While the other workers died where they were, he mutated, becoming a ghoul. The Tournquists, by fortunate circumstance and lots of preparation and hard work managed to get advanced warning and retreat back home to their hidden shelter, while the Ames were away at the time, returning from a family vacation in New York.
Life in the shelter was a combination of fear and sorrow. All the Tournquists could do was listen to the radio and gunfire, which was outside their shelter for three days straight. Sometime between October 26 and November 9 Wayne tried to contact Bonnie at the Mass Bay Medical Center. Unbeknownst to him, the radio message partially made it through, although another nurse would hear the message. She left a holotape with her friend Marcie and tried to sneak out to get home, but did not make it through the fighting in the city. Unable to leave the children alone he was unable to go and look for her.
Wayne Tournquist would finally emerge from the shelter the night of January 27, 2078. Their plan to tap into the main from the water tower worked, but the piping took more duct tape than expected and was leaking pretty bad. They didn't have any more in the house so he tried to sneak over to the Cobb's house across the street. Ron Cobb was working with the construction crew in the neighborhood so Wayne figured he might have some. Wayne was in the Cobb's den and must not have heard him over the distant gunfire and explosions. To Wayne's surprise there was a cold gun barrel pushed up against the back of his head. Ron told Wayne to turn around slowly, and he was shocked at the level of radiation poisoning he had. It hit him hard, his hair was falling out and half his face looked melted; he was a ghoul. Wayne begged him to stop, but he put the gun in his mouth and cocked back the hammer. He heard the gunshot, but when Wayne opened his eyes, Ron was falling to the ground, and Wayne spotted Lance Ames from down the street up on Wayne's roof. He saw the whole thing and saved Wayne's life.
For the next three months Tournquist and Ames worked together to barricade and fortify the neighborhood. To get the biggest part done in a night, together Wayne, Lance and Leon Ames stole a couple of trucks from the Irish Pride Industries shipyard nearby. Lance had him pull them around to the edges of the yards to start the wall. Wayne however flipped his and almost crushed his house. It was another month before they had the rest of the wall ready. Since then they were keeping watch in shifts, and the kids all enjoyed getting to come outside.
On April 30, Wayne celebrated his wife's birthday with his children, trying to bake a cake but ultimately opening a can of frosting and writing in his journal. However, this was the end of their good fortune, as on March 27, Leon made the fatal mistake of blabbing about the settlement to one of a dozen of armed former rioters when he and his brother were scouting. They let the pair go and followed them home.
Lance knew they would be seeing them again real soon. While he was on watch on the roof he was killed, and the settlement was overrun. Leon joined the raiders after they overran the settlement, but not before urinating in his pants. They later planning to use him as a shield for when they went back into the city. In the commotion Wayne and Michael grabbed David and ran away under fire.
Centuries later...[edit | edit source]
Some time around late 2287 this fortified settlement, now a major raider stronghold in the area, was overrun by a super mutant band led by Hammer. Hoping to use the location as a position to raid more, he would make a trade offer via holotape to Fist, weapons for more mutants.
Layout[edit | edit source]
There are two entrances to the compound in the northeast and southeast corners. There is a cooking station in the center of the camp. What used to be Lance Ames' house is located just outside the fortifications in the northeast corner, and what used to be Wayne Tournquist's house is by the water tower to the south-west. The entrance to his backyard bunker is in the shed adjoining the house, and contains an armor workbench.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Boston mayoral shelter bathroom key can be found inside of a dresser in the blue house just south of the cooking station.
- Hammer's holotape can be found lying on the counter near a fridge within the house with the recording computer.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum is found in a box in the backyard shelter. There is another Nuka-Cola Quantum in the fridge of the yellow house just east of the watertower.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the blue house just south of the cooking station is a Boston mayoral shelter bathroom key inside of a dresser. This could indicate some sort of connection to the pre-War Boston municipal government, possibly indicating where the attendant mention in the Boston shelter - mayor's goodbye holotape lived.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
West Everett Estates appears only in Fallout 4.
- All the incomplete homes and evidence of construction.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.292: "[2.29] WEST EVERETT ESTATES
This once-picturesque suburban community is similar to Sanctuary Hills. Currently, it could best be described now as a “transitional” neighborhood. Recently, a Raider gang was overrun by Super Mutants under the leadership of “Hammer.” They are clustered to the south. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the area for a safe (Master) and steamer trunk (Expert), Lance’s terminal (Advanced), and a nearby safe (Advanced). Enter the backyard bunker to locate Wayne’s terminal, another Quantum, and one more trunk."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- The skeletons of the workers at their break, the skeleton slumped over the table, and the skeleton of the operator of the Mega Loader, although one may have made it to an incomplete storm drain and died shortly thereafter.
- West Everett Estates terminals; Wayne's Terminal, Made it home
- Bonnie's holotape
- West Everett Estates terminals; Wayne's Terminal, Bonnie
- West Everett Estates terminals; Wayne's Terminal, The neighbors
- West Everett Estates terminals; Lance's Terminal, The walls
- West Everett Estates terminals; Wayne's Terminal, Happy Birthday
- West Everett Estates terminals; Lance's Terminal, Leon
- West Everett Estates terminals; Lance's Terminal, Look what we have here
- David's holotape